Updated 17 November 2020
1. Live on Purpose Limited (“we,” “us” or “our”) aims to use technology to simplify the giving process by making giving easier and more efficient, with real time relevant information for givers and social workers/community workers. These Terms and Conditions constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally, or by you on behalf of an entity (“you”) and us, concerning your access to and use of our website www.liveonpurpose.sg (“Site“), as well as any other digital platform, media form, or media channel, related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto (collectively, “Service”).
2. You agree that by accessing the Site, you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by all of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with all of these Terms and Conditions, then you are expressly prohibited from using the Service and you must discontinue usage immediately.
3. Supplemental terms and conditions or documents that may be posted on the Site from time to time are hereby expressly incorporated herein by reference. We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason.
4. It is your responsibility to periodically review these Terms and Conditions to stay informed of updates. You will be subject to, and will be deemed to have been made aware of and to have accepted, the changes in any revised Terms and Conditions by your continued use of the Site after the date whereby such revised Terms and Conditions are posted.
5. The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to the applicable law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country.
6. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Site from locations outside of Singapore do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent such local laws are applicable.
7. The Site is intended for users who are at least 18 years old. Parents/ guardians must read and agree to these Terms and Conditions and agree to directly supervise and be responsible for any users who are below the age of 18, and whom you permit to use the Site.
YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND FURTHER OBLIGATIONS
8. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that:
(a) you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions;
(b) you are 18 years old and above;
(c) you will not use the Site for any illegal or unauthorised purpose;
(d) your use of the Site will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
9. If you commit a breach of any of the above, we have the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Site and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
10. You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available, except for those purposes that have been specifically approved by us.
11. As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
(a) retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us;
(b) use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services;
(c) circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein;
(d) make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct;
(e) engage in any automated use of the system, such as using data gathering and extraction tools;
(f) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
(g) use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
(h) use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavour or commercial enterprise.
(i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
(j) attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site;
(k) harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any member of our team engaged in providing the Site to you.
(l) delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
(n) upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, or other material, that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site;
(o) disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site; and
(p) use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
12. The Site may contain (or you may be sent via the Site) links to other websites (“Third-Party Websites“) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software, and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third-Party Content“).
13. Such Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Content are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third-Party Websites accessed through the Site or any Third-Party Content posted on, available through, or installed from the Site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices, or other policies of or contained in the Third-Party Websites or the Third-Party Content.
14. Inclusion of, linking to, or permitting the use or installation of any Third-Party Websites or any Third-Party Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Site and access the Third-Party Websites or to use or install any Third-Party Content, you do so at your own risk, and you should be aware these Terms and Conditions no longer govern.
15. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, and of any website to which you navigate from the Site. Any purchases you make through Third-Party Websites will be through other websites and from other companies, and we take no responsibility whatsoever in relation to such purchases which are exclusively between you and the applicable third party.
16. You agree and acknowledge that we do not endorse the products or services offered on Third-Party Websites and you shall hold us harmless from any harm caused by your purchase of such products or services. Additionally, you shall hold us harmless from any losses sustained by you or harm caused to you relating to or resulting in any way from any Third-Party Content or any contact with Third-Party Websites.
17. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to:
(a) monitor the Site for violations of these Terms and Conditions;
(b) take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates the law or these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation, reporting such user to law enforcement authorities;
(c) in our sole discretion and without limitation, notice, or liability, to remove from the Site or otherwise disable all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way burdensome to our systems;
(d)otherwise manage the Site in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Site.
USER DATA AND COOKIES
18. Cookies are small text files (typically made up of letters and numbers) placed in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or view a message. They allow us to recognise a particular device or browser.
20. When you visit the Site through your computer, mobile device, or any other device with Internet connectivity, servers will automatically record data that your browser sends whenever you visit a website.
21. This data is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our Site and the Service we provide, as well as to help us to personalise the content to match your preferred interests more quickly. The data is also collected to make the Service and the Site more convenient and useful to you.
22. You may be able to manage and delete cookies through your browser or device settings.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
23. Unless otherwise indicated, the Site is our proprietary property and all source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and graphics on the Site (collectively, “Content”) and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein (“Marks”) are owned or controlled by us or licensed to us, and are protected by copyright and trademark laws and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws of Singapore and international conventions.
24. The Content and the Marks are provided on the Site “AS IS” for your information and personal use only. Except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, no part of the Site and no Content or Marks may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without our express prior written permission.
25. Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content and the Marks.
26. We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material available on or through the Site infringes upon any copyright you own or control, please immediately notify us using the contact information provided below (“Notification”).
27. These Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Site. Without limiting any other provision of these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to, in our sole discretion and without notice or liability, deny access to and use of the Site (including blocking certain IP addresses), to any person for any reason or for no reason, including without limitation for breach of any representation, warranty, or covenant contained in these terms and conditions or of any applicable law or regulation. We may terminate your use or participation in the Site without warning, in our sole discretion.
28. We reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, and criminal remedies
MODIFICATIONS AND INTERRUPTIONS
29. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site.
30. We cannot guarantee the Site will be available at all times. We may experience hardware, software, or other problems or need to perform maintenance related to the Site, resulting in interruptions, delays, or errors.
31. We reserve the right to change, revise, update, suspend, discontinue, or otherwise modify the Site at any time or for any reason without notice to you. You agree that we have no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused by your inability to access or use the Site during any downtime or discontinuance of the Site.
32. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will be construed to obligate us to maintain and support the Site or to supply any corrections, updates, or releases in connection therewith.
GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
34. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”) in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC Rules“) for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this clause. The seat of the arbitration shall be Singapore. The Tribunal shall consist of 3 arbitrators. The language of the arbitration shall be English.
35. The Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. You agree that your use of the Site and our service will be at your sole risk.
36. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the Site and your use thereof, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
37. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the Site’s content or the content of any websites linked to the Site and we will assume no liability or responsibility for any (1) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content and materials, (2) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the Site, (3) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (4) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Site, (5) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the Site by any third party, and/or (6) any errors or omissions in any content and materials or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Site.
38. We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Site, any hyperlinked website, or any website or mobile application featured in any banner or other advertising, and we will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and any third-party providers of products or services.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
39. In no event will we or our personnel be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special, or punitive damages, including lost profit, lost revenue, loss of data, or other damages arising from your use of the Site, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
40. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless, including our partners and personnel, from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or arising out of: (1) use of the Site; (2) breach of these Terms and Conditions; (3) any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in these Terms and Conditions; (4) your violation of the rights of a third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights; or (5) any overt harmful act toward any other user of the Site.
41. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, with our defense of such claims. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding which is subject to this indemnification upon becoming aware of it.
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, TRANSACTIONS, AND SIGNATURES
42. Visiting the Site, sending us emails, and completing online forms constitute electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications, and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Site, satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing.
43. These Terms and Conditions and any policies or operating rules posted by us on the Site constitute the entire agreement and understanding between you and us. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision.
44. These Terms and Conditions operate to the fullest extent permissible by law. We may assign any or all of our rights and obligations to others at any time. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, delay, or failure to act caused by any cause beyond our reasonable control.
45. If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from these Terms and Conditions and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
46. There is no joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship created between you and us as a result of these Terms and Conditions or use of the Site.
47. In order to resolve a complaint regarding the Site or to receive further information regarding use of the Site, please contact us at [email protected].